LoL Kayle Guide – League of Legends Champions Strategy, Skill & Item Builds
This guide is meant for beginner to intermediate casual pub / matchmaking play. In my opinion, this generally means you want survivability and killing potential. Below is a quick gameplay / strategy, item build, and skill build for the LoL champion Kayle.
I will be creating a few League of Legends champion guides similar to the popular Heroes of Newerth guides I’ve written, which are also available on this site. Eventually an all-champion guide may be written for LoL as well if there is interest.
Guide Info: These guides are meant to be taken in while loading or while playing a game, and are designed specifically for players who are NOT advanced or playing in high-level competition. If you are a new or fairly new player, say under summoner level 20, this is perfect for you to learn how to play without sacrificing time, research, and enjoyment.
League of Legends Kayle Guide
Damage with some support potential
Meant to be purchased in order from top to bottom “1a” and “1b” means the item will combine to take up only 1 slot.
- Start: Meki Pendant, Health Potion
- 1a. Fiendish Codex
- 2. Boots of Swiftness
- 3. Sheen
- 1b. Nashors Tooth
- 4. Guinso’s Rageblade
- (2 slots, see below for options or in a typical game I would recommend Guardian Angel and Lich Bane, then Zonya’s Ring if the game is going that long)
- Extra DEFENSIVE Options (for tough games where you are dying)
Guardian Angel – Magic and Physical Armor + Save from death once per 5 minutes
Banshee’s Veil – Magic Resistance (if you get killed by spells)
Thornmail – Physical Armor (if you get killed by regular attacks)
- Extra OFFENSIVE Options (for games where you and your team are doing well)
Lich Bane (combines with your Sheen)
Q. Reckoning – Big damage single target spell that has a moderate slow effect.
W. Divine Blessing – Single target heal
E. Righteous Fury – Gives you ranged attack with splash and bonus damage for 10 seconds.
R. Intervention – Makes you or an ally invincible for a short time.
Generally max Q. Reckoning first (use it to harass enemies). Put one point in E. Righteous Fury early, say at lvl 2, to assist in last hitting creeps as well as more harass to enemies in your lane. Take R. Intervention right away at lvl 6 for escape emergencies.
- You’ll be building your Q. Reckoning into a hard hitting, semi-spammable nuke spell, then using E. Righteous Fury for ranged and lots of bonus damage while your target is slowed.
- You are not a great ganker; rather you should be in teamfights or pushing lanes (both things do well thanks to your ranged splash with E. Righteous Fury).
- Be sure to time your R. Intervention (invincibility) spell on teammates in need. Your priority is to use it on a high damage carry ally, but you’ll find yourself using it often on yourself for escapes, or on any teammate who is focused.
- Your W. Diving Blessing heal is a nice utility spell, but is your last priority during teamfights. You should be using Q. Reckoning and autoattacking with E. Righteous Fury on. If you can’t do either of those, by all means heal those in need.