Containers for Elegoo Saturn Print Cleaning – The Best Wash and Rinse Plastic Tubs for Resin 3D Prints (Medium and Large Size)
Containers that are leakproof, plastic, AND have dimensions that fit max size Saturn prints – all at an affordable price. I’ve finally found the perfect sized, affordable container for cleaning prints made on my Elegoo Saturn Resin 3D printer. This also works great for other medium sized resin printers like the Anycubic Photon Mono X and Phrozen Shuffle XL. The Saturn’s print dimensions made it tough to find a container sized just right to accommodate the print size, yet not be so large that it required a ton of wasted IPA to fill.
Most experienced resin printer enthusiasts recommend using two sealable, airtight, leak proof plastic containers, vats, or tanks filled with IPA / 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to clean, rinse, and dissolve the resin off a print before final curing. You’ll want two bins: one “dirty” tub for the initial rinse and the other container is for the final rinse, which will stay pretty clean for a very long time.
There are some other options, such as official Wash and Cure stations (at 20x or more the price) or Ultrasonic cleaners. I’ll cover those options at the end of the article. The main focus here is to point out low cost plastic Tupperware / Rubbermaid type containers that will work for a more reasonable cost. Even if you later buy the other more expensive options, having these containers for a quick initial rinse will still be needed.
The Best Wash & Clean Station / IPA Container for Elegoo Saturn Resin 3D Prints
Here’s the link to the best option I’ve found so far. It has enough size to fit prints made at the maximum build volume of the Elegoo Saturn, its one of the cheapest options. Its leakproof, plastic, clear, and stackable!
- EXTRA Room in the container (when holding a max size Saturn print) 3 x 1 x 1.5 inches – closest match!
- SnapLock Container Size: 11 x 8.5x 6.13 inches
- Saturn Max Build Volume: 7.9 x 7.6 x 4.7 inches
- This has room on all dimensions to fit a max size Elegoo Saturn print, with a little extra (necessary) room to allow for liquid displacement!
- Lid snaps on four sides are very secure to keep liquid IPA contained – watertight and airtight, no odor/vapor leaks out.
- I’ve used two of these for 2+ years now, still going strong and working great!
- Note: Be sure you are selecting the 30 Cup option. Usually the gray is in stock, and sometimes the other colors are available as well.
- Note #2: Lately, this has been out of stock in all colors. Try the alternative container listed in the next section if you don’t see the link to the 30 cup Snaplock container below.
Alternative Container: Elegoo Saturn Cleaning Containers, Bins, Jars
This Lock & Lock 19.02 Cup Container is also a good choice, but it’s not quite big enough (about half an inch too small on one side) if you max out all dimensions on the Elegoo Saturn build plate. It would be a good alternative if the first option is out of stock, or if you want a container that is a little smaller because you don’t plan to print objects that are the maximum size of the Saturn’s build surface.
- Very close match to the exact Elegoo Saturn build size (probably the closest you’ll get)
- Saves desk space
- Half an inch too small on one dimension
- May not be able to fully fit the build plate for cleaning (should be very close though)
- More Expensive
- Lock & Lock 19.02 cup container dimensions: 9.8 x 7.1 x 5.9 inches
- Elegoo Saturn Build Volume: 7.87 x 7.55 x 4.72 inches (192 x 120 x200mm)
- Spare room in the container for a maximum sized print: 2 x -0.5 x 1 inches
Large Wash & Cure Station for Elegoo Saturn Prints
Wash and cure stations have been around for a while, and are a great option for the final steps necessary in resin prints. In the past they were too small to fit large Saturn prints, but now there is a new product on the market. You’ll have to pay a bit more, but in exchange you get a neat, efficient machine that makes cleaning resin prints as hassle-free as possible. It also has a UV light and turntable that will do the final cure of the print. The Anycubic Wash and Cure PLUS is a great option if it fits your budget.
The Best Ultrasonic Cleaner that will Fit Elegoo Saturn Resin Prints at the Maximum Size
- I noticed this ultrasonic cleaner often has an extra coupon you can apply for more of a discount. It’s only visible when you view the product on Amazon
- I went with the 6L version of this, which is a little too small for a maximum sized print Saturn, but it has been plenty big for 99% of my prints so far.
- I fill the ultrasonic cleaner tank with water, then fill a mylar bag with Isopropyl Alcohol or Mean Green etc, then put the print in the bag and put the bag in the ultrasonic tank.
- There is a 15L size Ultrasonic Cleaner that is plenty big enough, but maybe overkill on capacity unless you’re always printing maximum size.
- The heating mode can speed up and help with cleaning and dissolving the excess resin on the print
- Warning: it can be a fire hazard to use IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) or other flammable liquids near a heating element as present in this ultrasonic cleaner. Many people work around this by filling the ultrasonic cleaner’s tank with regular water, then use a durable bag (such as a mylar bag) filled with IPA which the resin print is placed in. Or use a non-flammable cleaning liquid in the tank.
- Standard disclaimer: I’m not responsible for any problems, damage, etc. that may result from use or misuse of information provided here. Be safe and follow warnings and instructions on any tools, devices and materials you use!
Any Other Saturn Accessory Suggestions?
If any of these suggestions help you, or if you have any other ideas, please share in the comments below!